The board of directors at American corporation Bodega Latina includes a group of Americans.
Bodega Latina operates the El Super and Fiesta Mart grocery chains in the western United States. Ownership of the American company is split between non-controlling shareholders and Grupo Comercial Chedraui, which has the power to appoint and remove a majority of the board according to Grupo Chedraui’s most recent annual report.
The members of the Bodega Latina board of directors, though little publicized, are easily identified through public records.
The directors, according to the most recent publicly available report the company has filed with Texas (signed September 28, 2017) are as follows, beginning with the Americans:
- Mitchell Lynn- Lynn is a founding director of Bodega Latina. He is also a director of PriceSmart, Inc. according to the Pricesmart website as of January 30, 2019. PriceSmart is the largest operator of membership warehouse clubs in Central America, the Caribbean, and Colombia. Lynn also founded and is a key person at several other companies according to Pricesmart:
- Origin International Inc. which is focused on recycling waste oils.
- CRI 2000, LP, dba Combined Resources International, and Lightspeed Outdoors, LP, dba Lightspeed, which designs, develops and manufactures consumer products under various brand names for domestic and international wholesale distribution, primarily through warehouse clubs and online retailers.
- ECR4Kids LP dba ECR4Kids, which designs, manufactures, imports and sells educational products to wholesale dealers and online retailers.
- Alan Silverman- Silverman’s father founded Essaness Theatres Corporation and operated over 30 movie theaters plus a TV station in the Chicago area. He is currently the President of Essaness Theatres according to the Illinois corporate registry.
- Gary Michael- Michael currently serves on the boards of Pet IQ, Northwest Bank, Western Capital Corp. and the JA and Kathryn Albertson Family Foundation, according to his profile on the PetIQ investor site. In addition, he currently serves as the Commissioner of the Idaho Lottery and the Idaho State Treasurer’s Investment Advisory Board.
- Carlos Arturo Smith- Smith is the CEO of Bodega Latina.
- Alfredo Chedraui Obeso- Alfredo Chedraui Obeso is the co-founding Chairman of Grupo Comercial Chedraui.
- Antonio Chedraui Obeso- Antonio Chedraui Obeso is a co-founding director of Grupo Comercial Chedraui and the brother of Alfredo.
- Ramón Chedraui Eguía- Ramón Chedraui Eguía is the Chairman of the Board of Bodega Latina Corporation according to the Grupo Chedraui website, and the director for Private Label and Bodega Latina at Grupo Comercial Chedraui. He is the son of Antonio Chedraui Obeso.